LAST CSA OF THE YEAR!!! We made it! I wish I could add up all of the poundage of produce we hauled out of the field this year, but I didn’t keep that data. I was pleased to offer salad mix or lettuce to you almost every week, plenty of carrots, tomatoes and squash, and a good variety of other veggies. Hopefully you enjoyed the variety. We are so appreciative of the feedback from several of you about eating healthier and feeling healthier this summer. I will be sending out a survey soon to help us plan for next year, but we welcome other feedback via email about how we could improve/adapt/change our CSA for next season. We look forward to seeing you back with us in 2018, and we are grateful for your trust in us and your support of our endeavors. It means the world to us. Have a happy and healthy winter!
- Butternut Squash–large (may need more time to ripen to tan)
- Leeks Potato Leek Soup
- Watermelon Radishes–Tuesday (see last week’s post for info.)
- Carrots–2 lbs. OR Brussels Sprouts–1 lb.
- Sweet or Bell Peppers
- Cabbage–red or green Braised Cabbage with Bacon
- Herbs–thyme and sage
- Butternut Squash–small
- Carrots–1 lb. OR Brussels Sprouts–1/2 lb.
- Cabbage–red or green